So, you want to be part of the Merchant Broker team?
Hey! Who wouldn't?
Experience has taught us that honesty, integrity, and a capital standard of service come part and parcel with long-term success. Do you posses these traits? Are you a team player? Do you like to take on a challenge and come out on top? We're always looking to make new additions to our growing company.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Best of luck!
VP of Sales
Top Qualities for Successful Team Leadership:
- Has Personal Integrity Deals Honestly and Gains Trust
- Has Clear Long Vision; Executes First Things First; Inspires Others to Action
- Is Positive Enthusiastic Committed; Has Focus-ability
- Is Solution-oriented Creative; Makes Top Management Efficient; Empowers Others
- Is A Catalyst; Fosters Self Motivation
- Strives for Excellence Always; Is a Transparent Influence
- Is a Good Communicator; A Great Negotiator; Nurtures Relationships
- Is Kind-hearted Generous and Giving; Serves Others
- Balances Confidence with Caution; Adapts Management Styles
- Rejuvenates Self; Sharpens his axe; Transforms his Strengths into Talents
- A strong desire to win, achieve goals and to be rewarded based on individual results
- A dynamic personality with an ability to influence and persuade
- Must have an impressive record of sales growth & prospecting
- Previous experience selling non-tangible products
- Goal-oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence and determination.
- Strong drive for results and client focus
- Ability to develop trusting client relationships
- Effective negotiator with the ability to communicate effectively, listen, read your audience, and be flexible and diplomatic.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Should be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Strong verbal communication skills, comfortable making cold calls, setting up appointments.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout Ontario.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and control of sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, sales newsletters and electronic bulletins.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan.
- Personally observe the performance of sales representatives in the field when required.
- Provide high standards of ongoing training for the sales representatives so that they possess sufficient sales and technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products in an accurate and balanced manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Putting clients first in our decisions and actions by understanding and truly caring about individual client needs
- Working collaboratively and thriving on feedback to ensure seamless execution of day to day operations
- Converting complex operational/ technological issues into clear and simple ideas and instructions
- 3-5 years previous experience in office management;
- Proactive approach in everyday tasks and duties;
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding and data entry skills;
- Professional oral/written communication skills;
- Pleasant interpersonal demeanor with clients;
- Extremely organized and detail oriented;
- Ability to collaborate with other departments and external partners in an efficient and timely manner;
- Friendly and effective negotiation skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Enforces full compliance of all company policies and procedures regarding but not limited to CRM, shared drive, accurate record-keeping and general house rules and reporting all findings in a monthly report to the Operations Manager
- Summarizing office activity, identifying trends and making appropriate recommendations in a weekly report to the Operations Manager
- Reporting any issues with office staff to the Operations Manager and measuring employee results against company standards; making necessary recommendations to the Operations Manager.
- Ensures the protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of sensitive and confidential records
- Assigning and monitoring of clerical and administrative functions.
- Assist Sales Representatives with prospective deal flow and submission
- Perform Relationship Executives (HELPDESK) day to day activities when required or in downtime
- Maintains, upkeeps filing systems, CRM and Shared Drive
- Keeps track and submits receipts and supply invoices to Accountant in a timely manner
- Maintaining a surplus of kitchen/office supplies and reviewing supply requisitions from office staff and sales representatives
The above statients are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.